Terms and Conditions
for payment through the Laidlaw College website
- As part of Laidlaw College, an Incorporated New Zealand society, all Laidlaw College website activities come under New Zealand legal jurisdiction.
- Laidlaw College is committed to following fair business practices. To this end we assure customers that the operation of this website follows the Model Code for Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce published by the New Zealand Ministry of Commerce, and that we faithfully observe our obligations as set out by the Fair Trading Act 1986 and the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- Payments processed on this website will appear on your bank statement with the payee listed as ‘Laidlaw College'.
- All prices are displayed in New Zealand Dollars (NZD) and include NZ GST at the applicable rate, unless stated otherwise.
- Prices displayed on the Laidlaw College website are subject to change without notice. Prices for items on an order are fixed once your order has been accepted. Subsequent price changes either up or down will not be retroactively applied to accepted orders.
DVDs and Merchandise
- Though the Laidlaw College website will endeavour to supply orders placed and accepted on this website, order placement and acceptance do not constitute an obligation on Laidlaw College to supply. Laidlaw College Inc. reserves the right to cancel any order without notice. Laidlaw College Inc’s obligations will be limited to protections provided by the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and the Fair Trading Act 1986.
- In event of any cancelled order, cheque payments will be refunded in accordance with the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. Please note, credit card payments are not processed until orders are ready to dispatch. In the event that credit card payment is processed for a cancelled order, refunds will processed in accordance with the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- Customers who wish to cancel any order must notify Laidlaw College within 2 working days following the date of order.
Faulty or Damaged Goods
- Whenever possible, Laidlaw College will undertake to replace any goods damaged prior to delivery.
- Laidlaw College will undertake to replace any faulty goods. Damaged or faulty goods will be either repaired or replaced at the discretion of Laidlaw College.
- Where repair or replacement of damaged or faulty goods is not possible, a full refund will be issued for the value of the damaged goods. Damaged and faulty goods must be returned in accordance with our returns policy.
- Products returned in its original condition within 14 days may be exchanged or refunded. No refund or exchange will be given on products that have been used. If you have a problem or query with any of our products, feel free to call us to discuss on 09 837 9767.
- Where goods are accepted (for credit or refund at the seller’s discretion) they must be delivered at the buyer's expense to the Laidlaw College Auckland campus in its original condition and packaging. Returned products are the buyer's responsibility until they reach the seller. The seller shall not be responsible for misdirected shipments or products lost or damaged in transit.
- Any refunds (at the seller’s discretion) will be refunded in the form of the original payment method used by the buyer.
Shipping & Delivery
- Laidlaw College generally dispatch your goods within 3 business days of your order being placed. However, occasionally due to stock levels, supplier issues or other circumstances we may take longer to dispatch. We will contact you with a revised ETD in the unlikely event this is the case.
- Any quotations of delivery times by the seller are made in good faith but are estimates and the seller shall not be bound by such quotation and the seller will not be liable for any loss, expense, or other damage caused by any delay in delivery.
- The buyer may specify delivery instructions for an order (for example, the buyer may authorise the delivery agent to leave the products in a specified location if the buyer will not be at the delivery address). The seller will not be responsible for any order that is delivered in accordance with the buyer’s delivery instructions.
New Zealand Shipping & Packaging Rates
$8.00 shipping anywhere within New Zealand.
Overseas Shipping & Packaging Rates
$12.00 shipping to any country outside New Zealand.
New Zealand Delivery Times
We use Fastway Couriers for online orders. Deliveries are usually overnight, but allow an extra day for big parcels to reach the South Island and for rural deliveries.
Overseas Delivery Times
We use New Zealand Post’s Air Mail for online orders. Deliveries are usually between 5-10 working days.
Paid Event Registrations
- Payment is required at the time of registering for paid events through this website.
- Laidlaw College Inc. reserves the right to defer or cancel any event if there are insufficient bookings or conditions arising beyond our control. We guarantee full refund of registration fees paid in this instance.
- Cancellations by the registrant must be received as early as possible, but no later than the applicable RSVP date. A full refund will be given if registration is cancelled prior to the RSVP date.
- Laidlaw College reserves the right to not refund cancelled registration fees after the RSVP date. Cancellations received after the RSVP date will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Registrants may substitute another person in consultation with Laidlaw College.
- Individuals are responsible for cancelling their own hotel and travel reservations. Laidlaw College Inc. does not accept liability for hotel, travel or meal costs before, during or after the event.
Stimulus Journal Subscriptions
- When you click "Submit" to submit your order online, you are making an offer to take out a subscription which if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract.
- Laidlaw College reserves the right to change subscription rates. These rates will come into effect the next time your subscription is due.
- Valid payments will be processed once you have submitted your order. If paying by credit/debit card, please ensure you submit valid credit/debit card details. You will receive notification via email that your subscription is being processed.