If you’re really keen to study, but you’re not quite ready for a diploma or a degree, why not enrol in our level 4 certificate programme?
The Certificate in Study & Career Preparation (CertPrep)*, offered at our Manukau campuses, assists students with the development of key
skills, capabilities, knowledge and attributes needed
to succeed in tertiary education including degree level.
The programme provides a foundation for students who
want to continue into Laidlaw programmes in Theology,
Teaching or Counselling through a mixture of academic
skills development and reflection on Christian faith and
*CertPrep will not be offered in S1 2022
Upon completion graduates will be able to:
- Locate, select and analyse relevant information from a variety of sources and apply to context-relevant tasks and problems.
- Construct a reasoned and researched argument, communicated using a range of appropriate media.
- Work independently and collaboratively on context-relevant academic tasks and problems.
- Develop and critique a study and career plan that identifies specific long-term career goals.
|LEVEL||4, 60 credits|
|DURATION||One semester full-time, part-time options available|
The Certificate in Study and Career Preparation is a one semester full-time (or part-time equivalent) programme. It is made up of four level 4, 15 credit courses comprising two study skills courses and two Christian studies courses.
The programme focuses on four key areas:
- Academic reading, writing, and communication
- Managing your study and learning
- Encountering the Bible OR Basics of Christian Belief
- Faith in Action