Culture & Relationships Coordinator
Laidlaw College is the largest tertiary-level evangelical, interdenominational college in New Zealand. As a private training establishment we offer quality education in theology, mission and ministry, counselling and education, with campuses in Henderson, Manukau and Christchurch. Study at Laidlaw is not only for those preparing for professional Christian ministry, but is also for those who are seeking to deepen and integrate their faith into every area of life. We teach programmes from Certificate to Doctoral level.
A world shaped by love, compelled and informed by the Gospel.
To equip students and scholars to renew their communities with a faith as intelligent as it is courageous.
The Culture and Relationships Coordinator will curate and nurture an internal and external culture for Laidlaw in line with our character as a Christian community, our Gospel-shaped mission as a college, and our strategic priorities. You will also represent and champion this distinctive identity and mission to our internal and external stakeholders. On a day to day basis, this involves taking ownership of initiatives that will enhance our team culture, programmes and student experience. This role reports to our National Principal/CEO and is based at our Henderson campus, with travel to our other learning sites in Manukau and Christchurch required from time to time. This is a full-time permanent position commencing in January 2020.
Who are we looking for?
You will have the following skills and experience:
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A Master’s Degree or higher level qualification is essential
- Experience working in a tertiary environment with a theological focus
- Experience in church leadership or pastoral roles and existing networks in these areas
- Culturally and emotionally intelligent with an ability to build strong relationships with a diverse range of students, staff and stakeholders
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
We offer a work environment that supports wellbeing and regularly celebrates successes. These initiatives include:
- Regular community gatherings and celebrations with staff and students
- Childcare facilities, library and a café onsite, free parking and access to a staff discount card
- Regular events and training opportunities to support your professional and personal development
For a position description, please click here.
Please apply via SEEK with a covering letter and CV to register your interest.
Applications for this role close 30 August 2019.
Queries can be e-mailed to: Tracey McDowall, HR Consultant, Laidlaw College