Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Learning Management System Administrator to join our team in Henderson.
On a daily basis you will be responsible for:
- Developing, maintaining and supporting the Laidlaw College Learning Management System (Moodle).
- Providing technical and professional operational support for the LMS systems.
- Delivery of course level infrastructure for Laidlaw programmes and courses.
- Managing upgrades to the LMS and embedded systems and liaising with vendors on technical matters and improvements.
- Facilitating increased and effective use of technology-supported learning across all Laidlaw sites for students and staff.
- Developing and implementing inhouse training for staff using the LMS.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience in the administration of Learning Management Systems
- Effective use of common IT systems
- Confidence in project management and planning
- Effective administration skills
- Professional communication skills including in individual and group settings
- Knowledge of academic processes and current best practice in online pedagogies.
We offer a work environment that supports wellbeing and regularly celebrates successes. These initiatives include:
- Regular community gatherings and celebrations with staff and students
- Childcare facilities, library and a café onsite, free parking and access to a staff discount card
- Regular events and training opportunities to support your professional and personal development
For a position description, please click here.
Please apply via SEEK with a covering letter and CV to register your interest (https://www.seek.co.nz/job/50174365). Applications for this role close 5pm 17th July 2020.
Queries can be e-mailed to Tracey McDowall, HR Consultant, Laidlaw College.
Laidlaw College is the largest tertiary-level evangelical, interdenominational college in New Zealand. As a private training establishment, we offer quality education in theology, mission and ministry, counselling and education, with campuses in Henderson, Manukau and Christchurch. Study at Laidlaw
is not only for those preparing for professional Christian ministry but is also for those who are seeking to deepen and integrate their faith into every area of life. We teach programmes from Certificate to Doctoral level.
A world shaped by love, compelled and informed by the Gospel.
To equip students and scholars to renew their communities with a faith as intelligent as it is courageous.