Orientation at all campuses
Nau mai, haere mai! Coming to Laidlaw College, you are entering into a community shaped by the Gospel. At Laidlaw, we learn together so that we are better equipped to renew God’s world. Orientation Week is our opportunity to welcome you; to introduce you to the Laidlaw whānau; and to help orient you to the journey ahead. During the week you will meet your lecturers and classmates, receive support and study advice about the semester ahead, worship, laugh and eat together!
What can you expect from us during Orientation?
- A full welcome into the Laidlaw community.
- Community lunches together Monday through Thursday.
- Plenty of opportunities to meet your fellow students and Laidlaw staff.
- An introduction to your study calendar.
- Opportunities to find out what kind of personal admin you need to get done and help doing it.
- We will answer all of your questions to the best of our ability.
- Communication – we will tell you what is going on by sending emails and posting schedules.
What do we expect from you during Orientation?
- Your presence and participation!
- If something isn’t clear or you have any doubts please ask us. No question is too silly! We want to serve you well and set you up for success.
- That you will complete your personal administrative tasks to be ready to go for the semester (finances, moodle login, student ID card etc.)
- Communication – if you can’t make a day please let us know!
- Come ready to learn and grow.
Please make special note of our Pōwhiri at the Henderson Campus for Henderson and Manukau students. Are you a distance learning student based in Auckland or nearby? Come and join us for the pōwhiri. We’d love to have the opportunity to welcome you in this setting.
Kia ora new and returning students! We are looking forward to having you come back to breathe some life into our campus. Check out the schedule here: Orientation Timetable Sem One 2020 Henderson
Please note the special sessions we have added in for returning students this year. Looking forward to seeing you all!
If you have any questions about the Orientation schedule at Henderson please contact Lisl Baker.
If you have any questions about Admissions please contact Joy Fountain.
Talofa lava and kia ora Manukau! It will be so good to have you join us again for Orientation week and the start of a new semester and new year of study. New and returning students please check out your schedule here: Orientation Timetable Sem One 2020 Manukau
PLEASE NOTE: all Manukau students will be heading over to Henderson on 24 February for the Pōwhiri and introduction to the whole team over there. Contact Hanalei Temese with any questions.
*Special Events to note on the Henderson Campus*
Pōwhiri: Monday 24 February 9:30am. Please make sure you are parked and ready to go by 9 am so we can organise new and returning students and staff.
Luau: Wednesday 26 February 6pm for all students and their whānau. Come and join us for some kai and a good time together!
Kia ora and welcome new and returning students. We are looking forward to having you join us back on campus. Check out this year’s Orientation schedule here: Orientation Timetable Sem One 2020 Christchurch
If you have any questions at all, come drop into our campus on 70 Condell Ave and ask Gill to help you out. Alternately send her an email.
All Distance Learning students are welcome to join the campus nearest them for Orientation Week. Just let Phil know where you'd like to go and he can potentially connect you with other Distance Learners so you can meet face to face!
Please also keep an eye on your email inbox, as Phil will host some online sessions specifically for Distance Learners in the first few weeks of the semester to discuss some tips and tricks to online learning!
Contact Phil if you have any questions.