Scholarships for Primary Teaching
Laidlaw Scholarships for Primary Teaching are one year full fees scholarships for the first year of the Education Council approved Bachelor of Teaching (Primary)* at Laidlaw College. The scholarships are for exemplary young women and men who desire to become Primary School Teachers in New Zealand. The scholarship is available to Year 13 students in NZ Christian schools or West Auckland high schools who demonstrate good character, academic eligibility and have a vision for education in New Zealand.
* The Bachelor of Teaching (Primary) is delivered at the Henderson campus.
Covers full fees for the first year of study towards Laidlaw College’s Bachelor of Teaching (Primary).
Applicants must be in Year 13
at the time of application, and
achieve University Entrance (UE)
by the end of Year 13. They must
meet the entrance criteria for
Laidlaw’s Bachelor of Teaching
programme and have an active
Applicants will apply in writing to the Head of School of Social Practice, Laidlaw College providing:
- an academic record
- a 600-800 word vision for education in New Zealand
- the names and contact details of two referees
Final Date for Applications: Tuesday 31 October 2017
Applications will be considered by the Laidlaw Scholarships Committee based on
academic merit, character and vision.
- Students already enrolled in Laidlaw degree programmes are not eligible to apply for this Scholarship.
- To take up their offer of the Scholarship, Year 13 applicants must achieve university entrance, and the Education Council entrance requirements to the Bachelor of Teaching degree.
- The applicant must be a New Zealand citizen or resident.
- The applicant must apply, be accepted and enrol in the Laidlaw Bachelor of Teaching (Primary) fulltime for the study year following the award.
- The scholarship may not be deferred.
- If the applicant enrols at another tertiary institution in New Zealand, the Scholarship will lapse.