Laidlaw College is the largest tertiary-level evangelical, interdenominational college in New Zealand. As a private training establishment, we offer quality education in theology, mission and ministry, counselling and education, with campuses in Henderson, Manukau and Christchurch. Study at Laidlaw is not only for those preparing for professional Christian ministry but is also for those who are seeking to deepen and integrate their faith into every area of life. We teach programmes from Certificate to Doctoral level.
A world shaped by love, compelled and informed by the Gospel.
To equip students and scholars to renew their communities with a faith as intelligent as it is courageous.
Due to the departure of a valued staff member we have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join our team in Henderson.
In this role you will work alongside the Finance Manager, CFO and the wider Finance Team to effectively meet the organisation’s financial accounting needs. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Data collection, entry and maintenance in accounting systems.
- Preparing monthly management accounts.
- Providing professional assistance with customer and staff related financial services.
- Assisting with employment related financial processes i.e. payroll.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of high-quality financial policies and processes.
- Oversight and coordination of student tuition account management systems
- Assisting with the annual budget and audit processes.
Who are we looking for
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in the following:
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft 365, spreadsheets and other database applications.
- Competence with accounting software and payroll software (the College uses SAGE and iPayroll).
- Confident organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Conscientious attention to detail, with an ability to see how details connect to form the ‘big picture’.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Ability to cope under pressure with a variety of tasks and important deadlines.
We are committed to a work environment that supports wellbeing, encourages professional and personal development and celebrates successes. On our Henderson campus, our facilities include a library, cafe and an early childhood centre (Olive Shoots).
- Regular community gatherings and celebrations with staff and students (including Annual All Staff and Team Retreat Days)
- Free parking and access to a staff discount card
- Staff Chaplains are onsite monthly on our Henderson and Christchurch campuses
For a position description, please click here.
Please apply via SEEK with a covering letter and CV to register your interest.
If you would like to make a time for a confidential phone call to discuss any queries, please e-mail Tracey McDowall, HR Consultant, [email protected]