Christchurch Campus Coordinator
Due to the resignation of a valued staff member, we are looking for an enthusiastic and hospitable team player to join us in the role of Campus Coordinator. You’ll be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the day-to-day operations and community activities of the campus. Working alongside the wider Laidlaw College team, you’ll contribute to nurturing a Christchurch campus culture that is welcoming, warm, and supportive for all staff, students and visitors. You’ll also be an effective ambassador for the Christchurch campus, actively promoting Laidlaw's vision, mission and programmes to prospective students. This role reports to our Head of Centre for Learning and Campuses, to start in January 2023.
Your variety of responsibilities will include:
- Leading the front desk/reception space, welcoming visitors and students
- Coordinating events on campus including orientation, graduation, public lectures, info nights and community lunches.
- Facilitating effective day-to-day delivery of Laidlaw’s programmes on campus, including information technology and audio-visual equipment.
- Ensuring campus buildings and equipment are well maintained, clean and presentable with effective day-to day oversight of all service providers and contractors.
- Recruiting, coordinating and empowering the campus team of Student Leaders
- Supporting student recruitment and wider community relationships, including visiting local churches and community groups.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in the following skillsets:
- A committed team player with ability to build collaborative and supportive working relationships
- Demonstrated commitment to the development of a tertiary educational community
- Confident problem-solving skills, with ability to take initiative and continuously improve the efficiency of administrative requirements.
- Conscientious attention to detail, with an ability to see how details connect to form the ‘big picture’
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to cope under pressure with a variety of tasks and important deadlines.
- IT savvy, with confident computer skills in Microsoft 365
- Flexible and able to prioritise, plan and co-ordinate a range of work tasks and activities.
- Ability to treat confidential matters and information with integrity
Laidlaw College is the largest tertiary-level
evangelical, interdenominational college in New Zealand. As a private
training establishment, we offer quality education in theology, mission
and ministry, counselling and education, with campuses in Henderson,
Manukau and Christchurch. Study at Laidlaw is not only for those
preparing for professional Christian ministry but is also for those who
are seeking to deepen and integrate their faith into every area of life.
We teach programmes from certificate to doctoral level.
A world shaped by love, compelled and informed by the Gospel.
To equip students and scholars to renew their communities with a faith as intelligent as it is courageous.
Our Christchurch campus, in Papanui, celebrates learning, community and creativity. The smaller campus and class sizes makes our campus life relationally rich. Throughout the year we have regular community lunches and gatherings together with staff and students. Our work culture supports wellbeing and encourages professional and personal growth.
· Regular community gatherings and celebrations with staff and students (including Annual All Staff and Team Retreat Days)
· Free parking
· Access to a staff discount card
· Chaplaincy support for staff regularly available on campus
How do I apply?
To view the job description please click here
Please apply with a covering letter and CV to register your interest on SEEK. We will interview suitable candidates as applications are received. If you’d like to make a time for a confidential phone call to discuss your interest, please contact Tracey McDowall, HR Consultant, [email protected]