Due to the expansion of our education programmes we have an exciting opportunity for a talented administrator to join our Christchurch team on a part time basis in January 2022 (16 hours a week). Specific days and hours of work can be negotiated with the successful applicant. In this role, you will work alongside our Education Lecturers as well as the wider Laidlaw College team to effectively meet the organisation’s administration needs for our Christchurch Education students and staff. An overnight trip to our Auckland campus a few times a year may be required.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with fellow administration staff across campuses
- Assisting with the administrative processes to enrol students into our education programmes (in conjunction with the Admissions Coordinator)
- Supporting the planning and facilitation of events such as student orientation and graduation
- Assisting students and colleagues with general enquiries
- Assisting with practicum administration
- Coordination and recording of minutes for team meetings and advisory meetings
- Organising travel for education staff (as required)
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in the following skillsets:
- A committed team player with ability to build effective working relationships remotely
- Confident problem-solving skills, with ability to take initiative and continuously improve the efficiency of administrative requirements.
- Conscientious attention to detail, with an ability to see how details connect to form the ‘big picture’
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to cope under pressure with a variety of tasks and important deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft 365
- Administration experience in an education environment would be advantageous but is not essential
Laidlaw College is the largest tertiary-level evangelical, interdenominational college in New Zealand. As a private training establishment, we offer quality education in theology, mission and ministry, counselling and education, with campuses in Henderson, Manukau and Christchurch. Study at Laidlaw is not only for those preparing for professional Christian ministry but is also for those who are seeking to deepen and integrate their faith into every area of life. We teach programmes from certificate to doctoral level.
A world shaped by love, compelled and informed by the Gospel.
To equip students and scholars to renew their communities with a faith as intelligent as it is courageous.
Our Christchurch campus, in Papanui, celebrates learning, community and creativity. The smaller campus and class sizes makes our campus life relationally rich. Throughout the year we have regular community lunches and gatherings together with staff and students. Our work culture supports wellbeing and encourages professional and personal growth.
- Regular community gatherings and celebrations with staff and students (including Annual All Staff and Team Retreat Days)
- Free parking and access to a staff discount card
- Chaplaincy support for staff
How do I apply?
Please apply with a covering letter and CV to register your interest by sending this to Tracey McDowall, HR Consultant, [email protected].