Laidlaw College is the largest tertiary-level evangelical, interdenominational college in New Zealand. As a private training establishment, we offer quality education in theology, mission and ministry, counselling and education, with campuses in Henderson, Manukau and Christchurch. Study at Laidlaw is not only for those preparing for professional Christian ministry but is also for those who are seeking to deepen and integrate their faith into every area of life. Find out more about us here.
- Our Vision: A world shaped by love, compelled and informed by the Gospel.
- Our Mission: To equip students and scholars to renew their communities with a faith as intelligent as it is courageous.
We are looking for an experienced, creative and passionate graphic designer to join our Communications team in Henderson. In this role you will ensure the consistency of the Laidlaw brand across all our channels and will draw on your creative abilities to visually communicate our vision and mission. You’ll enjoy taking on a wide range of projects and seeing them through to completion, while problem-solving and presenting fresh ideas.
You will work closely with the Communications Lead to continue developing our brand and collateral across online, print and social media channels. This includes promotion campaigns, updating our suite of promotional materials, website updates, document templates, OOH advertising, video editing and social media. Your creative work will tell the richness of Laidlaw’s story as a Christian College seeking to form leaders who renew their communities, with a faith as intelligent as it is creative. You’ll also have the opportunity to shape and work on special projects as we plan a campus move and head into our celebratory Centenary Year in 2022.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Bringing creative concepts and fresh ideas to develop our brand and existing suite of promotional material
- Designing and completing a range of internal and promotional publications
- Bringing promotional campaigns to life through a range of channels
- Editing video footage for use on social media and internal/external purposes.
- Updating our website
- Working on Campus move and Centenary Projects
Who We’re Looking For
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A proven track record of graphic design experience with a strong portfolio
- A tertiary qualification relevant to the role
- Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite products including InDesign, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro
- Confident with creating templates in Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with promotion campaigns and a good understanding of the print process
- Effective communicator who loves to collaborate but can also work autonomously
- Organised with excellent self-management skills and attention to detail
- Experience in Māori and Pasifika design concepts advantageous
- High typographic, composition and layout skills
- Current knowledge of design trends
- Photography and videography abilities would be an advantage but not essential
We are committed to a work environment that supports wellbeing, encourages professional and personal development and celebrates successes. On our Henderson campus, our facilities include a library, cafe and an early childhood centre (Olive Shoots).
- Regular community gatherings and celebrations with staff and students (including Annual All Staff and Team Retreat Days)
- Free parking and access to a staff discount card
- Regular events and training opportunities to support your professional and personal development
For a position description please click here.
Please apply via SEEK with a cover letter and CV to register your interest. Applications close Friday 23rd July, 5pm.
If you would like to make a time for a confidential phone call to discuss any queries, please e-mail Tracey McDowall, HR Consultant, Laidlaw College, [email protected].