Head of Education Opportunity
Laidlaw College is looking to recruit a Head of Education, to start in 2021. We welcome expressions of interest from Education scholars and lecturers who share our commitment to forming Christian educators.
We are looking for an inspirational leader to ensure the flourishing of our Education programmes, and to join our Senior Leadership Team in shaping the overall strategic direction of the College. They will be a champion for the importance of Teacher Education to Church and society. The successful applicant will lead and develop the Education team and will oversee programme administration, including budget.
The role is structured in two parts, the first of which is a 0.5 FTE permanent lecturing position. The Head of Education responsibilities will be an 0.5 FTE fixed term appointment for two years, to allow opportunity for research rotations. This role will report to the National Principal/CEO and its direct reports are the Administrator (Social Practice) and Academic Teaching Staff (Education).
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate will thrive on the opportunity to motivate and lead a diverse team. They will also have Education teaching experience in a tertiary environment and be able to integrate Christian faith with best Education practice.
We would welcome your application if you have:
- High levels of personal awareness and relational competence, with strong leadership skills
- A doctoral qualification in a relevant field
- Excellent knowledge of Initial Teacher Education (ITE) in the context of Aotearoa New Zealand, and connections to relevant professional bodies
- Teaching experience as a registered teacher at primary and/or secondary levels
- Experience in tertiary teaching and administration
- An established publication record
- Demonstrated commitment to the development of community
- Active involvement in a local Christian church and in Christian initiatives in the wider community
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of the teaching focus of the College as a tertiary Christian leadership training environment
About Laidlaw College
Laidlaw College is the largest tertiary-level Christian college in New Zealand. As a private training establishment it offers quality education in Theology, Mission and Ministry, Counselling and Education, with campuses in Henderson, Manukau and Christchurch. Laidlaw is an interdenominational, evangelical College, with a strong commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and to serving our multicultural study community. Education training at Laidlaw is for both those completing Initial Teacher Education (ITE), as well as those who are seeking to deepen and integrate their faith in a variety of educational contexts. Our current Education programmes include a Diploma of Christian Education, Bachelor of Education (Primary), and Graduate Diploma in Education (Secondary).
We offer a work environment that supports wellbeing, encourages professional and personal development and celebrates successes. These initiatives include:
- Regular community gatherings and celebrations with staff and students
- Childcare facilities, library and a café onsite
- Free parking and access to a staff discount card
- Regular events and training opportunities to support your professional and personal development
For a position description, please click here.
Please apply via SEEK with a covering letter and CV to register your interest. (https://www.seek.co.nz/job/50681716) Applications for this role close 5pm 13th November 2020.
If you would like to make a time for a phone call to discuss any queries, please e-mail Tracey McDowall, HR Consultant, Laidlaw College, [email protected].