We have exciting opportunities available to join the Laidlaw team in 2024 as Interdisciplinary Lecturers. These roles are new positions that will be pivotal in strengthening integration and excellence in teaching and research across our programmes (Theology, Counselling & Education). We are looking for Christian leaders who love teaching, research, and are motivated by the opportunity to join a collaborative team. On a day-to-day basis, the role will involve teaching, research, and pastoral and academic work across our programmes. Our ideal applicants will also thrive on opportunities to contribute their experience and expertise to the strengthening of relationships and partnerships with like-minded institutions and communities. There may also be opportunity within these roles to contribute to the development of new programme offerings. The location of these roles could be at either our Auckland or Christchurch campuses and will be negotiated with the successful applicants.
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
• Models a faith to others that is personally vibrant, Christ-centred, evangelical and deeply shaped by the Scriptures.
• A minimum of a Masters qualification, preferably a doctorate, in Theology, Education, Counselling or a relevant discipline.
• Strong ability to deliver pedagogically excellent teaching across two or more of our schools, that is characterised by deeply integrated Christian thought.
• Emotionally intelligent and culturally competent, with a proven track record of success in leading and building collaborative relationships.
• An understanding of recent developments in the theological and general tertiary education sectors nationally and internationally.
• Active networks and involvement with Christian initiatives in the wider community.
• An active involvement in a local Christian church
• An established or emerging scholarly portfolio.
Laidlaw College is the largest tertiary-level evangelical, interdenominational college in New Zealand. As a private training establishment, we offer quality education in theology, mission and ministry, counselling and education, with campuses in Henderson and Christchurch, a learning hub in Manukau and distance learning options. Study at Laidlaw is not only for those preparing for professional Christian ministry but is also for those who are seeking to deepen and integrate their faith into every area of life. We teach programmes from Certificate to Doctoral level.
Our Vision: A world shaped by love, compelled and informed by the Gospel.
Our Mission: To equip students and scholars to renew their communities with a faith as intelligent as it is courageous.
We offer a work environment that supports wellbeing, encourages professional and personal development and celebrates successes. These initiatives include:
- A supportive community, including regular gatherings and celebrations with staff and students
- Free parking and proximity to public transport options
- Access to a staff discount card
- Events and training opportunities to support your professional and personal development
- Staff chaplains onsite monthly
For a position description, please click here.
Please apply via SEEK with a covering letter and CV to register your interest. If you would like to make a time for a confidential phone call to discuss your interest or queries, please email Tracey McDowall, HR Consultant, Laidlaw College, [email protected]