Practicum Coordinator - Counselling
We have an exciting opening for a Practicum Coordinator to join our team in Christchurch. The
position is fixed term for the 2021 academic year for 16 hours a week. This is a pivotal role, working closely with the Practicum Manager (Counselling) to support the coordination of all practicum aspects for our Counselling students.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting students in preparation for and in ongoing placement practicum.
- Building and maintaining relationships with placement and supervision providers.
- Developing relationships with key stakeholders in the counselling industry, including service providers, placements, other Colleges and local professional organisations.
Who We’re Looking For
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor qualification in Counselling.
- Proven experience as a counselling practitioner.
- An active involvement in a local Christian community of faith.
- Proven experience working in an administrative role working with multiple stakeholders.
- Confidence and experience working with compliance requirements and Microsoft Office programmes.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of recent developments in the counselling and general tertiary education sectors.
- Demonstrable commitment to mentoring students and providing an appropriate level of pastoral care.
Our Christchurch campus, in Papanui, celebrates learning, community and creativity. The smaller campus and class sizes makes our campus life relationally rich. Throughout the year we have regular community lunches and gatherings together with staff and students. Our work culture supports wellbeing and encourages professional and personal growth.
For a position description, please click here.
Please apply via SEEK with a cover letter and CV to register your interest. Applications for this role close 5pm, 9 April 2021.
If you would like to make a time for a confidential phone call to discuss any queries, please e-mail Tracey McDowall, HR Consultant, Laidlaw College, [email protected]