Practicum Manager - Counselling
Due to the departure of a valued staff member we have an exciting part-time (24 hours per week) opportunity for a Practicum Manager to join our team in Auckland. This is a fixed term position for the 2021 academic year. This relational role is responsible for the management of all aspects of practicum including student placements and the selection, training, and coordination of practicum supervisors.
As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of an excellent practicum experience for our Bachelor of Counselling students.
You will also be actively involved in the college and community and assist in promoting the college within the wider community.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the practicum component of the programme, establishing and maintaining productive practicum placement opportunities for students.
- Developing and leading an effective team of practicum supervisors, placement opportunities, and key relationships with the professional community.
- Participating in community service activities that advance the profile and reputation of College, and engaging in the communal life and activities of the College.
- Maintaining and developing strong networks with peers and the wider counselling profession.
There is potentially opportunity for the successful applicant to teach into our Counselling programme alongside their Practicum Manager responsibilities. If you are interested, please specify this in the covering letter of your application.
Who We’re Looking For
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree level counselling qualification.
- Some experience as a counselling supervisor and/ or counselling educator.
- Experience working in an administrative role working with multiple stakeholders.
- Some experience in clinical decision making would be advantageous.
- Clear, confident and relational communication skills.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- A rich understanding of a range of counselling approaches and an appreciation of how these can be integrated with theology.
- Demonstrated understanding of recent developments in the counselling and general tertiary education sectors.
- Demonstrated commitment to mentoring students and providing an appropriate level of pastoral care.
- Active involvement in a local Christian community of faith.
- Demonstrated awareness of adult learning needs and approaches would be advantageous.
We are committed to a work environment that supports wellbeing, encourages professional and personal development and celebrates successes.
- Regular community gatherings and celebrations with staff and students (including Annual All Staff and Team Retreat Days)
- Childcare facilities, library and a café onsite (Henderson)
- Free parking and access to a staff discount card
- Regular events and training opportunities to support your professional and personal development
For a position description, please click here.
Please apply via SEEK with a cover letter and CV to register your interest. Applications for this role close 5pm, 9 April 2021.
If you would like to make a time for a confidential phone call to discuss any queries, please e-mail Tracey McDowall, HR Consultant, Laidlaw College, [email protected]