Professional Teaching Fellow - Youth Leadership
Laidlaw College is the largest tertiary-level evangelical, interdenominational college in New Zealand. As a private training establishment, we offer quality education in theology, mission and ministry, counselling and education, with campuses in Henderson, Manukau and Christchurch. Study at Laidlaw is not only for those preparing for professional Christian ministry but is also for those who are seeking to deepen and integrate their faith into every area of life. We teach programmes from Certificate to Doctoral level.
A world shaped by love, compelled and informed by the Gospel.
To equip students and scholars to renew their communities with a faith as intelligent as it is courageous.
Our team is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for a Professional Teaching Fellow - Youth Leadership to join our Theology team in Henderson or Manukau (with travel to our Christchurch campus required periodically). This is a part-time role (16 hours a week) that could be based at Laidlaw’s Henderson, Manukau or Christchurch campus (with travel required periodically).
You will be responsible for leading the Youth Leadership Specialisation track, whilst teaching in this discipline, ensuring that Laidlaw is established as the tertiary training establishment of choice for youth ministry training.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and developing the Youth Leadership Specialisation track
- Liaising with Partner Colleges to coordinate the delivery of youth courses and programmes of study
- Teaching and contributing to the teaching of key Youth Leadership courses
- Creating a formational space and extra-curricular experiences for students that support their learning
- Connecting with churches and youth ministry organisations within the existing Christian ministry ecosystem in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Who We’re Looking For
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in youth ministry, preferably in the mentoring and supervision of those directly active in youth ministry.
- Excellent pastoral and interpersonal skills.
- Confident and fluid oral and written communication skills.
- Concurrently working in a youth ministry or youth leadership ministry (desirable).
- Ability to conduct and supervise research in areas of youth ministry and leadership (desirable).
- A Masters of Theology or PhD in Theology is preferred.
- Widely established networks within the youth ministry sector
- Ability to relate meaningfully in interdenominational and multi-cultural spaces.
We are committed to a work environment that supports wellbeing, encourages professional and personal development and celebrates successes. On our Henderson campus, our facilities include a library, cafe and an early childhood centre (Olive Shoots).
- Regular community gatherings and celebrations with staff and students (including Annual All Staff and Team Retreat Days)
- Free parking and access to a staff discount card
- Regular events and training opportunities to support your professional and personal development
- Staff Chaplains are available for prayer and wellbeing support across all campuses
For a position description, please click here.
If you would like to make a time for a phone call to discuss any queries, please e-mail Tracey McDowall, HR Consultant, Laidlaw College, [email protected]