Why is Laidlaw moving its Henderson campus?
For 100 years God has demonstrated his faithfulness to this College in providing for the mission and resourcing of our work. We have grown as NZBTI, BCNZ and now, Laidlaw College. After 60 years at our current site, our current Henderson campus is increasingly not suitable for our future needs.
For more than a decade now, the board and leadership at Laidlaw have been praying and discerning what the future of our Henderson campus will be. After some years of searching, and nearly two years of due diligence, we purchased the former Waitakere City Council site in central Henderson.
Work is currently well underway to fit out our new campus.
Our new campus will be an exciting learning and community space - a place where everyone is welcome and where our Gospel mission of equipping people for renewal takes centre stage:
- A future-proofed educational campus, with state of the art classrooms, meeting rooms, libraries, and all sorts of other facilities that will position us to better and more flexibly serve our students and mission for the coming decades.
- A campus that tells Laidlaw’s story – and reflects our Christian ethos, rootedness in Aotearoa, and cultural diversity throughout.
- A community hub for students and others for our life of fellowship, worship and where Laidlaw can model the Gospel renewal that we equip students for through partnerships. This will include an early childhood centre, and so many more community-facing projects than we can do on our current campus.
- Better access, with plenty of carparking and still accessible to motorways, but also directly above the Henderson train station, and on the cycleways. The new campus sits accessibly between the shops and amenities of central Henderson, and large parks and green spaces, including the Corban Arts Estate.
- The move helps secure the long term financial future of Laidlaw College, allowing us to grow other income streams to support our work and fill the many gaps the government funding and donations don’t cover.