Studying theology is about seeking wisdom to live faithfully in the world. Theological study at Laidlaw is not only for those preparing for professional Christian ministry, but is also for those who are seeking to deepen and integrate their faith into every area of life.
With programmes ranging from Certificate to Doctoral level, we offer flexible pathways for full-time or part-time learning to equip you for lifelong faithfulness and leadership in any vocation.
- Certificate in Christian Ministry (CertCM)
- Diploma in Christian Studies, Christian Leadership (DipCS (CL))
- Diploma in Christian Studies, Theological Studies (DipCS (TS))
- Diploma in Christian Studies, Intercultural Studies (DipCS (IS))
- Bachelor of Theology (BTh)
- Bachelor of Theology with Honours (BTh (Hons))
- Graduate Certificate in Theology (GradCertTh)
- Graduate Diploma in Theology (GradDipTh)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Theology (PGCert)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Theology (PGDipTh)
- Master of Theology (MTh)
- Doctoral and other research studies
Foundational to everything we do at Laidlaw is a commitment to the good news of Jesus as revealed in the Bible. We equip students to engage with Scripture more deeply, and to live out of this story of hope in every area of life.
Integrated and missionally engaged
We are looking for students who want to live out the Gospel in everything they do – in church ministry, professional leadership, academic research, social entrepreneurship, community engagement – and in every other sphere of life. Our programmes are designed to give you the theological and practical tools to integrate faith everywhere, whatever your particular calling.
Lecturers who live what they teach
At Laidlaw you will be taught by brilliant teachers and researchers, many of whom are also serving as pastors, ministers, and Christian leaders across a range of vocations.
Interdenominational and multicultural
Laidlaw is an interdenominational community that serves across New Zealand’s churches. As New Zealand’s largest theological college, you will be immersed in a diverse community of staff and students from many cultures, united by evangelical faith and a common commitment to working out the Gospel in twenty-first century Aotearoa.