Student Services Assistant
We are looking for up to two adaptable and customer service focussed team players to join us in the role of Student Services Assistant. These are key roles in our Student Experience team, supporting us to deliver a seamless admissions, enrolment, orientation and graduation experience for students. The roles are parttime (between 16- 24 hours a week), with flexibility to negotiate specific working days and hours with the successful candidates. We are looking for people who have availability to work more hours as required during peak enrolment periods (November – February). These roles are for an immediate start, reporting to our Student Services Manager.
Your variety of day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Providing a quality customer service experience to students and prospective students, assisting with general queries of an academic and administrative nature.
- Processing enquires and enrolments, verifying documents and ensuring timely and responsive progress of applicants through the admissions process.
- Ensuring that student, staff, programme, course, and fee information in our Student Management System is accurate and current.
- Supporting the administrative organisation of our annual graduation and our Orientation weeks.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in the following skillsets:
- Clear and customer service focussed oral and written communication skills
- Competency with relevant informational technology systems
- Able to demonstrate high levels of accuracy and attention to detail, with an ability to see how details connect to form the ‘big picture’
- A committed team player with ability to build collaborative and supportive working relationships.
- Previous experience in student services, enrolments or similar roles is advantageous.
- Confident problem-solving skills, with ability to take initiative and continuously improve the efficiency of administrative requirements.
About Laidlaw College
Laidlaw College is the largest tertiary-level evangelical, interdenominational college in New Zealand. As a private training establishment, we offer quality education in theology, mission and ministry, counselling and education, with campuses in Henderson, Manukau and Christchurch. Study at Laidlaw is not only for those preparing for professional Christian ministry but is also for those who are seeking to deepen and integrate their faith into every area of life. We teach programmes from certificate to doctoral level.
A world shaped by love, compelled and informed by the Gospel.
To equip students and scholars to renew their communities with a faith as intelligent as it is courageous.
We offer a work environment that supports wellbeing and regularly celebrates successes. These initiatives include:
- Regular community gatherings and celebrations with staff and students
- Free library membership, free car parking and access to a staff discount card
- Regular events and training opportunities to support your professional and personal development.
How do I apply?
To view the job description please click here.
Please apply with a covering letter and CV to register your interest on SEEK. Applications close October 8 2023. If you’d like to make a time for a confidential phone call to discuss your interest, please contact Tracey McDowall, HR Consultant, [email protected].