Events & Operations Coordinator
We are looking for a proactive, relational and administratively savvy person to join our team in the role of Events & Operations Coordinator. If you have exceptional organisational skills, love curating memorable events and can deliver results while balancing multiple priorities - we’d love to hear from you! This role will primarily support the smooth running of our Centre for Church Leadership & public facing Laidlaw Events. Reporting to our Centre for Church Leadership Operations Lead | Laidlaw Events Manager, this is a fixed term opportunity working 25 hours a week through to the end of 2024. Ideally, the successful candidate will have flexibility to work additional hours as required at peak times. This role will be based at our Henderson campus.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this role involve:
- Event administration and coordination of Centre for Church Leadership & Laidlaw events
- Working alongside the Operations Lead, to support the Centre for Church Leadership staff team
- Helping to coordinate staff and volunteers in the planning and implementation of events
- Supporting the general administration of the Centre for Church Leadership
- Communicating proactively and professionally with Coaches, staff and students as required via email, Microsoft Teams, and phone
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experiences and skills:
- 5+ years Event coordination experience
- Experience leading projects, staff and volunteers
- Skilled in the use of Excel, Outlook, Word and Teams for event and project coordination
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Confident interpersonal skills
- Strong time management, planning and organisational skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- An ability to be flexible and work outside regular work hours (such as when evening/weekend events are scheduled)
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team, show initiative and take responsibility
- Event production, copy writing and/or marketing experience would be advantageous
About Laidlaw College
Laidlaw College is the largest tertiary-level evangelical, interdenominational college in New Zealand. As a private training establishment, we offer quality education in theology, mission and ministry, counselling and education, with campuses in Auckland and Christchurch. Study at Laidlaw is not only for those preparing for professional Christian ministry but is also for those who are seeking to deepen and integrate their faith into every area of life. We teach programmes from certificate to doctoral level.
Our Vision A world shaped by love, compelled and informed by the Gospel.
To equip students and scholars to renew their communities with a faith as intelligent as it is courageous.
Laidlaw Centre for Church Leadership (CfCL) has been established to support, resource and grow church leaders to lead in ways that increase the Church’s faithfulness and fruitfulness in ministry and mission in Aotearoa. CfCL seeks to respond to the needs of Christian leaders in four targeted ways:
- Coaching for church leaders
- Research for church health and discipleship
- Growing a supportive ecosystem with and for church leaders
- Support the growth of pastoral leadership pipelines
We offer a work environment that supports wellbeing and regularly celebrates successes. These initiatives include:
- Regular community gatherings and celebrations with staff and students
- Library onsite
- Free parking and proximity to public transport options
- Access to a staff discount card
How do I apply?
To view the job description please click here.
Please apply via SEEK with a covering letter and CV to register your interest. Interviews will be scheduled as suitable applicants apply. If you’d like to make a time for a confidential conversation to discuss your interest, please contact Ness Johnson, CfCL Operations Lead I Laidlaw Events Manager, Laidlaw College, [email protected]