01 September 2021
Laidlaw Auckland at Level 4
Our Manukau and Henderson campuses will remain closed under Level 4, and learning will continue online. As we have experienced previously, we will not be able to gather again on campus until Level 2, and then with some restrictions.
We can support you
We have done this before and we can do it again. We are dedicated to helping you succeed in your study so please reach out if you are struggling or need support in any way.
If you have any questions about your study or lectures next week please contact your school administrator.
You can also book a time to chat with your Student Support Advisor. Student Support will continue to be available to students throughout the campus closures, and you will be able to access academic and pastoral support.
- Please check Moodle and your Laidlaw email daily.
- Please continue to check locations of interest which are updated regularly.
- Please call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 to register if you were potentially exposed and for advice on testing.
If you discover you need to be tested and to self-isolate please let us know at [email protected]
We have regular opportunities to connect online. Please check the latest Tūhono newsletter for these, or join our Laidlaw College Community Facebook Group.
Laidlaw Library Services in Level 4
During Level 4 our physical libraries and study spaces remain CLOSED. However we would like to update you on what you can access during this time.
Returning and overdue books
The returning of physical books (both on-campus and distance requests) will not be possible. Overdue Notifications will NOT be sent. Enjoy the extra loan time 😊
ONLINE SERVICES - Scan & Email
The library will be providing support with online books and resources available from the Library Homepage.
- Scan & Email will be available to all students from Thursday 2nd September.
- Articles and chapters from books which are not available as eBooks can then be scanned and sent to you via email.
- When requesting scans, please also conduct a search on the Laidlaw Library Catalogue first, to check availability, and provide the following information for each resource required in your email: Author: Grenz, Stanley J. Title: Theology for the community of God Classification: BT75.2 GRE
- Please be mindful of Copyright Law when requesting scans or making any copies yourself. Only 1 chapter, or 10% (whichever is greater) of any work may be reproduced. Most of the records on the catalogue show the number of pages in each book, so you can work out how much you can have scanned. If you have any questions about this, please get in touch with us.
Need help, support, or have a question?
Our librarians are available to help between the hours of 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Please do not hesitate to contact the team if you need any further assistance.
- Christchurch - [email protected] or 03 364 4270
- Auckland (Henderson & Manukau) - [email protected] or
09 837 9724
LEAN IN TO GOD
As we seek to respond wisely, let us in our bubbles and together press in to God – who is our ultimate source of confidence amidst any disruption.
We pray you are doing well in lockdown, and look forward to when we can gather again on campus. In this time we pray that “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”