31 August 2021
Laidlaw Library Services in Level 3 & 4
Kia ora Laidlaw Students,
During Level 3 & 4 our physical libraries and study spaces remain CLOSED. However we would like to update you on what you can access during this time.
RETURNING AND OVERDUE BOOKS
The returning of physical books (both on-campus and distance requests) will not be possible. Overdue Notifications will NOT be sent. Enjoy the extra loan time 😊
The library will be providing support with online books and resources available from the Library Homepage.
Click & Collect (In Level 3 only)
- Click and collect services will be available until further notice. Please email us with the details of the resources you wish to borrow (title and classification eg, Cross Purposes: the Violent Grammar of Christian Atonement BT265.2 BAR) and we will arrange for you to collect them from a designated place. Once books have been located by library staff, you will receive an email to let you what time they can be picked up. The books will be placed on a trolley in plastic bags labelled with your name
Scan & Email
- Scan & Email will be available to all students from Thursday 2nd September.
- Articles and chapters from books which are not available as eBooks can then be scanned and sent to you via email.
- When requesting scans, please also conduct a search on the Laidlaw Library Catalogue first, to check availability, and provide the following information for each resource required in your email:
Author: Grenz, Stanley J.
Title: Theology for the community of God
Classification: BT75.2 GRE
- Please be mindful of Copyright Law when requesting scans or making any copies yourself. Only 1 chapter, or 10% (whichever is greater) of any work may be reproduced. Most of the records on the catalogue show the number of pages in each book, so you can work out how much you can have scanned. If you have any questions about this, please get in touch with us.
POSTAL SERVICE TO DISTANCE AND POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS
The regular postal service to distance and postgraduate students will continue. Please note delivery times may be affected by courier and postal delays.
Please remember If you need to come onto campus to collect books, wear a mask, scan in, observe physical distancing rules, and sanitise!
NEED HELP, SUPPORT, OR HAVE A QUESTION?
Our librarians are available to help between the hours of 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Please do not hesitate to contact the team if you need any further assistance.
- Christchurch - [email protected] or 03 364 4270
- Auckland (Henderson & Manukau) - [email protected] or 09 837 9724
We will keep you up to date as the situation changes.