How to Certify your Documents

Your passport and driver’s licence or birth certificate, academic transcript and qualification must be certified by a person of suitable authority from your local community or country. We cannot accept your documents if they are not certified appropriately.

The people who can certify your documents:

  • A Lawyer
  • A Notary Public
  • A Justice of the Peace
  • A Commissioner of Oaths
  • A Court Registrar or Deputy Registrar
  • A Member of Staff at a New Zealand Embassy

The authorised person must note on the copied document:

  1. “Certified true copy”
  2. His/her authority
  3. His/her name
  4. His/her signature
  5. His/her official stamp
  6. Certification must be done in English for it to be accepted

Click here to download a document with all above information.