Coronavirus COVID-19 Information
Check below for the latest updates in our response to COVID-19.
With tonight’s announcement (14 Feb 2021) of community spread of COVID-19 in Auckland, and the move to Level 3 from midnight in Auckland (and Level 2 around the rest of the country), we are taking the following actions:
- Our Auckland campuses (Henderson and Manukau) will be closed for at least three days. Any students who were expecting to go to class, practicums or placements and haven’t heard how this affects you please contact your lecturers or course coordinators.
- Christchurch-only classes (i.e. not video-conferenced, or non-Christchurch-based lecturers) are continuing where possible, and the campus will remain open, but look for individual communication from your lecturers.
Please continue to to wash your hands regularly.
Feeling sick or unwell?
If you are feeling unwell – especially if you are coughing or sneezing – please do not come to class. Let us know by emailing [email protected] and advise your lecturers. Any requests for assignment extensions will need to be done in the usual way.
Keep an eye out for email notices and events advertised on our Laidlaw College Community Facebook Group.
CENTRE FOR LEARNING
The Student Support team is available as usual for academic support and guidance with your studies. If you need pastoral, spiritual, financial, or other kinds of support your Student Support Advisor can help connect you to the right people. Please, contact your Student Support Advisor as soon as a need arises. No need is too small and no concern too trivial, ask your questions sooner than later. For more info and contact details go to the Studying at Home page in Moodle.
We have funds available to support students facing hardship, including financial support for those who need help accessing technology for online learning, and those who have lost income due to COVID-19. Email Jenny Mackie (Student Dean).
Alternative Services and Resources
Scan & Email:
The library staff based in Henderson will be providing a scan and email service for all students from Monday 17 August. You can make a request by sending an email to [email protected] or calling us on 09 837 9724. Only articles and chapters from books that are not available as eBooks can then be scanned.
Click & Collect Service:
1. Search the library catalogue, and create a document listing the items you would like the librarians to collect for you. Please include the Title and Call number information. E.g. BT265.2 BAR Cross Purposes: The Violent Grammar of Christian Atonement
2. Email the document to this email address: [email protected] (Henderson pick up) or [email protected] (Christchurch).
3. The librarians will inform you by email when your order is ready.
4. Collect your order from the designated place (for Henderson this is on a trolley inside the main doors of the building).
Postal service to distance and postgraduate students:
The regular postal service to distance and postgraduate students will continue. Please note delivery times will be affected by courier and postal delays.
For IT support complete the IT Helpdesk form or email [email protected]. Please contact your Student Support Advisor if you are struggling with online study or access to Moodle.